View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Marviee
Base Member

Drives: Bagged Nismo '11
Marviee is on a distinguished road
Default After 3 Months of ownership, RIP Z

12/10/16
Day started with a plan on doing my first coilover install with a buddy and my pops.
We started at 10am. After a couple of breaks and needing to buy bolts and nuts,
6 hours later we were finished with adjusting and wanted to take the Z out for a ride to see how the new suspension felt.

At 4:25Pm the accident occurred.

Not even 2-3 minutes after the install.
I was stopped at a redlight with my buddy to turn left (yes it is a protected left turn). The turn left signal turn green and this old lady went and proceeded to run the red light, which in turn hit my car at about 20MPH.

I didn't even get to take a picture of how my car looked with the coils installed...

I'm still in shock. This is my first accident, And being 19Y/O This was my first car purchase ever.

I had a passenger and we are both banged up, passenger Side airbags were deployed.
back pain for both of us, Passenger Arm is numb and has a little blood from the airbag being deployed.

Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get updates to see if the car is repairable or not.

From the picture I will post below, Looks like the Axle is broken, Rear bumper is trashed, Fender is trashed, Rim is done, Tire is done, Air bags will need to be replaced.

If any of you fellow forums members have been in a situation like this, Would you consider my car a Total loss? or Salvageable?

Thanks, Drive safe out there.

But here is a picture of how the damage looked.

Last edited by Marviee; 12-11-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Marviee is offline   Reply With Quote