Thread: Time to leave..
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZeeBabar
Banned

Drives: 2006 350z
ZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to leave..

Well folks, I traded my 2014 Sports package for a 2016 Mazda Miata Grand Touring with 8k miles (paid $2900 difference). Went all the way from Nashville, TN to Mills River, NC (about 300 miles).

Car Max offered me $19k, the best I could get for my Z from any dealer was only $20k unless I traded it for another Nissan.Posted on Autotrader and almost got scammed, got no bids over $21k on EBay.

I wanted the handling but not the power as I seemed to have no control with the Z, taking up challenges on streets and highways with every truck, Mustan or Camaro or whoever wanted to challenge me. After some close calls, a ticket or two, high insurance rates etc., I knew it was a great car but my temperament was poor.

As I drove my Z through the Smokies and Mountains, so effortlessly passing everyone, I balked and thought of turning around and going home.

Traded the car this morning, got into my almost new soul red Mazda Miata GT. I opted for the GT because of the leather seats, double layered soft top and greater comfort than the other trims. Drove the 300 miles home, only 50 with top down.

It does not have the oomph of the 370Z, slower on ramps and such but feels fast while going slow (low slung car). Not as comfortable as a Z but surprisingly not too bad for my 6'4, 210 lb frame. Another surprise was that it's not as noisy as I feared partly because of the head rest speakers and music. Definitely fun driving it. Gave me 37 mpg on drive home, the Z gave me 23.7 mpg on way there.

After a 350 and two 370z's, it was hard giving it up but age, poorer eyesight and slower reactions made my driving dangerous in the Z.

Wish you guys the very best.