View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #110 (permalink)
caj77
Base Member

Drives: 911
caj77 is on a distinguished road

I had to jump into this thread...I debated, but it was killing me:

Flashburn - Sorry for your troubles. It sucks when good money is spent (any amount) on an emotional purchase and something is wrong beyond your control. Although everyone that responded had their own way to go about it, I can understand your confusion...because who goes through this kind of crap on a regular basis?

Although it sucks to hear, Nissan Corp is right...all they have to do is repaint the car. They didnt have to offer you anything extra. I live in FL as well. FL lemon law would require the same instance numerous times before you could get remedy based on prorated scale. Be glad you didnt have to do through this.

At the end of the day, you got your car and an extra warranty. Score!

As for 370Z Steve - You are sincerely misinformed. If you really, honestly feel that dealerships or the Factory paint/repaint cars to a premier level, you are for lack of a better word, a moron. There are a substantial amount of steps that a private body shop will go through to make the paint job pristine...sanding, blocking, sanding, blocking, etc...there is an old saying about painters...the more time spent on prep, the better the paint job. Do you really think the dealership or the Factory will spend as much time on perfection? While I cant specifically say yes, I am going to say no. Now, Im not talking about Maaco or some crap like that. There are plenty of really good body shops out there that take pride in their work. Most likely, they are know to be the most expensive in your neighborhood. Its for a reason.

So based on one of your snide remarks about German cars...go buy a German car, I own 3 of them. Not Volkswagons either...3 super fast 2 door ones with lots of heritage. One of them is black and you can see some waves...from the factory.

Regarding the value of your "blemished" Z...I say BS. Its not going to show up on a carfax or anything like that because its not a insurance job, etc...Nissan is just going to strip and paint it under the wire. While your VIN may be in the Nissan Service log, its not gonna show up on any other reports.

The guy who mentioned the paint magnet and will be able to prove that a few millimeters more/less is on the car is 100% correct but someone has to see it/look for it. With the damage not on carfax, unless its a crappy paint job (which you are not going to stand for) wont see it.

Enjoy your car, drive it hard and have fun.
caj77 is offline   Reply With Quote