View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gixxerman
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Grey
Gixxerman is on a distinguished road

I left my Z in my garage for a week and decided to take it out for an evening ride with the wife last August. After cruising down the road for about five minutes, my Check Engine Light came on, I thought it was the gas cap. After weeks of trying everything from checking for vacuum leaks, adding Seafoam to the fuel, cleaning the MAF's, .... I took it to a shop that specializes in Z's. My mechanic did everything I did and more with the same results. After eight days in the shop, a set of spark plugs and four hundred dollars later, I still had the same problem. To make it worse, the car ran better than it ever had. The Check engine Light remained lit, so I took it upon myself to change the Coil Packs with the same results.

Fast forward to October, after leaving work, my car went into Limp Mode. Luckily school was out, I drove the car to the dealership. I was informed that my Timing Chain was off twelve degrees. Another week in the shop and $1,500.00 later, the car is running extremely well.
Gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote