Thread: Cool SC via AC
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Why do we have a forum? It is to help share ideas, knowledge and yes, questions. I have seen bitter members who have been on here too long and they are like the cranky old man who hates kids because he forgot what is like to be one scenario.

To those members, go pick up a hobby you don't know anything about and remember...dont ask any questions.
Well after some thought to your statement and question, let me somewhat answer the point, not that you'll accept it anyways.

First off I've been racing and tinkering/experimenting with cars since 1980 (I know I'm old) and one the first to have a VQ in 2003. Had to learn about the platform with research and was one of the early adopters for some of the things you enjoy from the vendors today.

I use to post all sorts of information (deleted most of it) but it only got me more questions via PM. Sometimes up to 20 a day. I found it was members to cheap to pay a guru for the info and used the info to beat a vendor for a cheaper cost on a project. But still, I worked with the vendors and helped bring new products to market.

I figure if their too cheap to buy a membership to this forum, they have no right to my intellectual property and deserve to be singled out and chastised for it. Besides, I'm not selling anything, besides used parts; therefore I have no obligation to any answer questions except to the for parts. Plus, everything I do, innovate, or invent is on my dime and therefore my property. I have no sponsors that I have to promote. I may commission the occasional vendor to build something for me and share it with them but not non-paying members of this forum.

I help the local members, quite a bit and I'm out of racing/building/advising gurus, on cars/trucks for the most part. I have no ego that requires me to post and I'm enjoying my retirement

This matter is closed and for those cheap non-members looking for free info
FU ... buy a membership and read lots.

Read lots and lots........the info is out there and probably been done before.