View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
ladyschayde
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z Touring Sprt
ladyschayde is on a distinguished road

I guess that rear fill or no rear fill is purely a matter of opinion. The thing that isn't a matter of opinion is what sizes fit and how deep the driver can be. This is absolutely what I've had the hardest time getting a straight answer on.

I have a 2012 370Z with the navigation. I've already had installed two amps, and a 10" sub. I need components for the front and I *want* rear midbass. What you hear in a car from a 4", 6", 8", 10" 12" or 15" driver is a different sound in spite of the same music on the same frequency.

The extra midbass, focus on mids over bass, would be nice. Additionally, and it's my opinion, that a tweeter back there isn't going to do a whole lot other than add to noise. I'd rather have a driver that is focused on a specific range rather than a tiny coaxial attempting to do it all. I also prefer silk dome tweeters to the titanium or whatever focal audio uses as I find it too shrill.

If someone knows the max size and depth for front and rear I'd be appreciative of hearing about it.
ladyschayde is offline   Reply With Quote