View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Louie cat
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo 370z
Louie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzzy View Post
Louie, be sure to save your receipts.

When I got my Z I "gave" my 2004 Toyota to my son. It had a cracked dash and glove compartment door due to the heat, and the cracking worsened after he got it. A few months later, I got a letter from Toyota offering to replace it, which they did which was astonishing to me since the car was 10 years old. The letter said there had not been a recall, but they were replacing damaged ones anyway. Whatever.

But the letter also stated that they would reimburse owners who had paid to have theirs replaced previously IF they could furnish proof. I'd hang on to my receipts just in case. You never know.

After a couple of years of my son's driving and general abuse, I wish the rest of my old Toyota's interior looked as good as that dash does
I will keep the invoice,I think they were a little careful on their description, they said" Replace dash top as customer request" so it is not like they said it was replaced due to defect of sun damage.So it is not really documented.
Louie cat is offline   Reply With Quote