View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

I don't think either of those spoilers will work on a Roadster. I actually prefer the Roadster without a spoiler, as it's purely cosmetic on this car anyway. Perhaps a really small lip-type spoiler would look good, but you'll have to wait for Nissan or aftermarket to make one down the road.

It sounds like a little bit of buyer's remorse on your part. If you were expecting full value for your $3000 spoiler addition, you were doomed to disappointment, anyway.

I do agree with the logic that the sport package pushes the boundaries of "good value" in the 7AT Roadster. Its appeal to me was the synchro-rev for the 6MT, brakes and WHEELS. If I were like you and didn't care about those things, yeah, the sport pkg would seem like a real waste of money. That said, I think the Rays 19s are almost worth the price of the Sport PKG alone (to me, anyway).

For the record, the Aero PKG is completely absent on the Roadster -- it's just not as aerodynamically designed as the Coupe. Those include not only the spoiler, but also front and rear underbody deflectors.