View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a way to link devices (computer, tablets, phones) to your display, then you have all sorts of options. Plex is a great way to stream digital media from a computer or NAS. My new smart TV has opened up a world of options, but I'm not ready to give up cable just yet.

But what you're looking to do is going to be difficult without laying out exactly what you need minimum. Certain channels or movies are going to be streamed using different services. Find a family member or good friend that still subscribes to cable and ask to use their login to access streaming options that you don't have without a cable subscription. And your DVR options are very limited. There are a few boxes out there, but from what I've seen they are $300-500 per box and still very limited in their functionality.

I will say it sounds like you're getting ripped on your TV coverage. I pay barely $100 per month for 250ish channels most of which are HD and 2 DVR boxes. That includes most every sports channel except most of the Fox regional ones. That's with DirecTV, though I'm on a grandfathered plan that no longer exists since AT&T bought them.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 12-04-2016 at 09:30 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote