View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Dealerships To Service Convertible Top

Gentlemen,

We all know that the top mechanisms on our 370z’s are intricate, with lots of electrical and hydraulic pieces that can cause grief. This intricacy of the top system, and the rarity of 370z Roadsters, means that few Nissan Technicians will have ever dealt with sufficient top issues to have a real thorough knowledge of servicing them, other than ripping off the top mechanism and replacing it entirely.

I’m not referring to just replacing the convertible top material and such, but rather to correcting issues with the top opening and closing, etc.

What I’m searching for is a list of Nissan Dealerships in North America, who have demonstrated to members here that they can accurately diagnose and repair the top mechanism. Having such a list, updated from time to time, would be a godsend in my opinion.

Where I live (city of 43 000) the Nissan dealer has been operating for 5 years, and has only ever had one roadster in its inventory. Good luck should I ever need to have a top problem corrected. Any of you who have read through the convertible top section of the factory service manual will know what I mean. It is daunting. I know in my case, I’d haul my roadster 500 miles to get a top issue corrected, if I knew the dealership could do the job.

I realize that the TopHydraulics people can rebuild any of the hydraulic components to better than new, and if I had the pump or a hydraulic piston fail, I’d send the parts to them for a rebuild. But the sensors, the wiring, the computer, etc., who does a good job on that end of things?

So ………. who has had a top mechanism issue that the dealership ( in Canada or the USA) was able to correct accurately and quickly?

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote