View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 11:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road
Default Good news for me today

OK so the dealership where I bought the car did diagnose and replace a bad wheel bearing/hub assembly on the suspect left front wheel and under warranty. They claim my front end tire roar issue is now gone and no brake clicking can be heard as well. I pick up the car on Monday. They are looking into my door rattle this weekend. They also provided me a loaner car which I did not expect. At this point, all sounds like I just may have a really good Z car real soon. I'll just have fun with the car and forget I got lied too since this dealer is trying to be nice and seem remorseful of their sales Dept. deception at this time. Final comments will be added after I get it back for a day or two.

In reference to TreeSemdySZee door rattle. you're right so far. Today, a few days after getting the car back the frickin speaker rattle was really bad along with that tiny rattle/window up only issue. The dealer where I bought the car said I have after market speakers in the car which explains why it sounds really good with the pioneer I added. I figured I'd get it back to my stereo shop ASAP. The dealer claimed that my currently installed speakers are too large for panels causing the issue. I really didn't buy that since the RH door is OK along with the sound. BUT.... Just for the heck of it I rapped on the bottom of the LH door and low and behold I hear a object of some type bouncing around inside the bottom of the door. I now believe I have 2 small issues to once again deal with not caught by the dealership. Most likely, a mounting screw came out of the speaker hardware and now is rolling around inside the door due to a bad stereo speaker install from the original owners shop. That may explain the weird speaker distortion at times. Oh well, the car is running so well mechanically now that this is just trivial stuff at this point. It's a never ending battle but I will get there.

Last edited by BlackCherry Z; 12-07-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Typical discovery
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote