View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
Sucks to hear you go through all that trouble. Basically, I refuse to do used car purchases from dealers. One really tried me when I found out bit by bit how s****y of an example of a Z they had. That patent "guilt trip" out the door and all.

I ultimately went through a semi-private sale to get my Z. Basically the package was very telling about the owner before I could see his docs, the sales agency's mechanic nailed everything that could be predictably wrong with the car. When I saw docs and logs, very fortunate to find this guy went the extra mile in taking care of the car sans knowing to get an HD CSC. Basically, seems like he planned to dump it the second warranty was up. That being said, bone stock car. That was a bit of a gamble, and next time around I'd either get a brand new car, or go through a forum member.

But anyway, welcome to the Black Cherry club.
Thanks a lot and best of luck with your Z. I hope to be here for quite some time. Some members thought I should just try and return the car at all costs after the discovery of the previous accident. I Hated being lied too but it was minor and only minimal cosmetic repairs were needed. The Z is now back at the selling dealership today as planned. They gave me a free car for the day while checking out the car. I was just going to wait there and was really glad to make it to work instead.

So far so good I hope. I am awaiting some news tomorrow. Of course the clicking brake noise disappeared yesterday in the problem brake/wheel but I gave them some other things to check out that should help find the issue. The car has really already come along way since delivery and got nothing but complements today for it's appearance. I'm really trying to put this all behind me and just enjoy the Z. My last Z, a 2003 Touring 350 took about 90 days after a dealer purchase to get it into shape as well so I really agree with your dealership comments. That car had 33K on it when I bought it though and 2 1/2 years old. I was hoping to avoid all of that with such a low mileage purchase of the 2016 370 I bought this time around.
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote