View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #184 (permalink)
Business Kat
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Stillen SC MT
Business Kat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P's_Z View Post
Update: dealer called and told me that the problem are the throtle bodies and they need to be replaced. $2,200 for both TBs, plus labor and taxes

Fortunately, i have extended warranty but now i have to wait for the approval saying they will cover it. Im pretty frustrated right now and a bit dissapointed that a 3 year old car needs to have TB's replaced. I know this sort of stuff happens, but this is a yearly problem. Ill wait for the warranty response, but right now i feel i dont want to keep the Z after this.
My Z is supercharged, I don't know what yours is but I finally got mine to work properly. They had to replace a throttle body on mine but the cause of it was the throttle position sensor that plugged into it. I had gotten all kinds of codes and problems and FINALLY it threw out tps after everything else had died.

We replaced the crappy tps extension stillen provided and insulated a new one as well as replacing the throttle body. The guys at uprev said that it was just the part that the tps connects to but you can't just replace that so they had to do the whole thing. Don't know if I got shafted on that but my car finally works! I want to make a sticky about this because this problem was a nightmare and I don't want anyone else to go through it.

Hope the throttle bodies fix your problem.
Business Kat is offline   Reply With Quote