View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Methinks this is a prime thread for IBTL....

In my experience, while lead caps that slide over the battery posts are a good temporary solution, the best long term solution is to replace the cable ends or the cables themselves. Properly maintained cable ends will tighten up properly and won't require shimming (or installation of copper pipe, screws or whatever jury-rigging people do). I've never had to install some kind of shim to make the battery cable terminal tighten on the post of the battery.

madeinjapan.... like I've said before, there is good reason you are on peoples' iggy list. How do you get to be mid 50s and act like you have no 'learnin' at all? Insulting people that have demonstrated proficiency in automotive repair is just plain ignorant.....