View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 03:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you talk a little bit about efficiencies of each option? I want my engine to last for 10+ years and 150,000+ miles. I'm looking to limit TQ to 350 FT/LBS @ the wheels. One of the reasons I would prefer turbo over SC is because with the SC, the engine needs to produce the extra power needed to run the SC, so I give up some extra wear and tear for a given HP target compared to a turbo. I've read differing views on how much power is being robbed, but that would be good info to have when comparing to turbo and even among the available SC options you've listed here.