View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

^^Nice! Get some packing peanuts to take up the space between.

I received some ssd's from dell today. Two units, each in a separate box. They used a fedex express medium box for the tiny item. Absolutely no air bags or other filler material, just bouncing around. With a ssd this is not an issue, but this would be completely unacceptable if it was a mechanical hd.

Sold an old laptop the other day. The guy contacts me by text just as we're on the way out to dinner. Text back we'd be back in a few hours.

Text him that I'm back, are you still interested. Receive a yes. Now, it's about 8:30pm, it's dark.

Normally I meet the buyer at some public place (mcdonalds is close by) or similar. I get a bad vibe about this transaction. Normally a buyer would call, ask some questions about the item for sale. Considering the time and minimalist communication I respond back to meet at the local police station (ours allows for such occasional transactions to take place). At this point, if this was a bs deal buyer would back out or not respond at all.

When I get there he's not there. Apparently he parked at the strip mall next to the pd. Strange. I text back the transaction will only take place INSIDE the station.

Anyhow, it turns out to be some kid, barely 20 and his sidekick. Reading comprehension not a strong point. The transaction completed successfully. He didn't even haggle on the price.

My point in this rant is lots of strange folks out there. I've bought stuff on CL before. Wouldn't think of doing any transaction after dark.

Good luck!

For sale links
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote