View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #95 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
I'll also caveat that when the Sentra NISMO concept debuted a few years ago, I was heavily entertaining one for a daily given what they were talking about at the time - near 300hp turbo four, wider and lower than the regular Sentra, Recaro seats, etc. I was absolutely going to consider that in the pack of cars I was looking at. That, to me, was an evolution of NISMO performance that would have commanded my dollar, FWD and all. That car would have been worthy among the WRXs, GTIs, and Focus STs of the world.

The NISMO we got will get romped by a Fiesta ST.
They really should have given it at minimum the 215HP version of the same engine, a suitable AT and independent suspension.

This Nismo does greatly reduce my hope for a promising Z. They hyped up making the NISMO division more pure sports and aftermarket friendly. If this is their first iteration of a more aggressive Nismo? It's a major fail. I'm gonna consider trading up to the current Nismo body style and getting a premium sports car of another brand. I guess there won't be a Z34 and 35 in my garage like I hoped. Those Jun exhaust cams would make the Z sound much more interesting. I could get the Nismo up to 400+hp NA mods I guess? I really wanted a turbo Z.