View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses and experience! My thought was, if I went this route, to have a car fitted/tuned in Atlanta (5-6 hours from here). But having owned a car with a complex tune before, I understand the need to have a trusted shop locally for "issues." Based upon what you all are saying, perhaps the inherent liability gotchas would prohibit a sane person from taking this on in a location like mine.

One of the things I thought I understood about the TT cars was the difficulty in doing routine maintenance. Everything is up top with SC engines, and while tight, doable without dropping the tranny or engine-out? Did I get this right? The photos of everyone's engine bays blows me away! There's hardly room in there to squeeze a hand or wrench!

I can just picture a local mechanic with a car like this on a lift, with a beer in one hand and scratching his head. "Ya said the oil filter was where?"

When I had my Starion, I used a bleeder valve instead of a wastegate, primarily because I didn't want the pssshhh. Delicate and risky, to be sure, but it worked out OK. A wastegate on a TT would be a dealbreaker for me, and I know I wouldn't want to trust a bleeder valve on an exponentially more complicated and expensive engine/build. Anyone else use bleeder valves any longer? I think I read in one of the threads about an internal dump for a blow-off valve...perhaps an advantage for a quieter setup on a SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
A well designed single SC or Turbo can put out the results any twin kit can for reasonable power levels as both the BP kit and the A2A setups have proven.
Is there an advantage, though, to engine response by having a twin unit instead of a single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Also, there are guys with a lot of miles running 600+whp on stock blocks on E85. That's plenty beefy.
No argument there...but aspirated vs. non-aspirated. I would prefer NA, but the Nissan platform doesn't really offer the same potential as Porsche, for example.

Great idea to try to find someone locally -- I'll give that a whirl!
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote