View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

I looked at that option and it's about $2400 not including installation. Not cheap, that's for sure.

Anyway...I do want to thank everyone for their feedback first and foremost. I was really at my wits end with the traction and then the alignment issues.

I went back to the shop that did the original alignment. They did not have time to get me in to check toe but I'm headed back there first thing in the morning. We went over the original alignment specs along with the OEM specifications and I'm pretty far outside the minimal setting for front camber. I'm at -1.3 and OEM minimum is -1.16. I'm within the minimum at the rear, -1.6, with the OEM minimum being -1.75. And the rears look better although there's a hair more wear inboard than out.

So I did take the advice on the SPL's and ordered the rear camber arms from ConceptZ. I should have those and the front upper control arms in a week. I also ordered wider wheels and tires and am going with a square setup (9.5's all around) which'll shave about 6 pounds up front per tire, and 10 pounds per in the rear.

Once I get everything installed, I'll go back for an alignment and assess my traction issues at that time. If it's still on the really bad end of things, I'll invest in a differential.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!