View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been in this far in mine yet but I'm guessing we have a distributor cap somewhere. Make sure you don't have a burnt pole in it. Some discoloration and deposits is fine. If all the poles look pretty close to the same it's probably ok. Do cap and rotor if you change them. Use factory parts because aftermarket here is usually crap. They usually last 150k+. Spark plugs say 60k miles (at least for the NISMO). If they haven't been changed, do it. I'd go with stock plugs or the GTR plugs if you have bolt ons. Don't run the car with constant misfiring because you could destroy your catalytic converter. It will burn the raw fuel and melt itself. I would not consider one little tick every 10 seconds and only at idle constant misfiring.
Air filter if you haven't changed it yet too. This can rob a bunch of power. I like factory since they last a looooong time. Most aftermark filters will clog faster than OEM.

Last edited by B&W_Evader; 11-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote