View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #88 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Here's the first preview drive of the NISMO

https://youtu.be/R5cwJrprWHI

It seems at first drive RICER X's. Infuriated blowout about the Sentra May have strong credence to it.

This guys first impressions are one of it not driving special. Just driving well. It almost sounds like its what the SR should've been.

In reality the Juke Nismo RS engine made more sense with 215hp would make it more competitive. They're saying it would have cost Nissan more making the Sentra cost more.

I don't think the Sentra Nismo was a car any of us were really panging for. So it's one of those, do it right or don't do it at all cars.

Stiffen the steering. Make the shifter more positive. Stiffen the ride. They just made an SR and put Nismo badges on it.

So I guess the SR is really a regular sentra and the regular sentra is a piece of shyt not worth buying.

Nissan, get it together.

Those are my impressions from the feedback. Let's see what a track day shows? Maybe the steering stiffens up at higher speeds and the shifter becomes more engaging? Who knows?

But for right now? Not impressed with the words chosen to describe this car.

One positive. This car has one option. It will top out around $26K. Huge plus. If it can be had in dealers for $23K? It won't be a bad buy.
The marketing guy from Nissan spent most of the video trying to convince me that a Michelin all season tire is most of the reason behind the "performance increase" from the SR Turbo to the NISMO model.

A fvcking all season tire. $25k for an $18k Sentra with fancy bumpers and all season tires. A car that's supposed to be so awesome in the handling department it doesn't even have fully independent suspension.

I got nothing left for this company. Watch the next Z be a total turd. This company doesn't have the balls to make the next Z compete at the pricepoint it is destined for. It would take greater guts to make a "final edition" 370Z and admit all they want to be is a volume car company. Ice that cake and push the GT-R up into the Infiniti brand where it truly belongs.

Ghosn knows how to make money and his ultimate vision accomplishes that, but I see brands like Chevy and Ford making FUN vehicles while still making profits. Nissan is not doing that. They had the opportunity to prove that with this Sentra - a car that can play in a market that is blowing back up with competition, and instead they put out this uninspired piece of ****.

Save the Z (I still love the car - I may even buy another one someday when life accomodates), there isn't a single Nissan out there that I would buy over a competitor's alternative. A CX-5 over a Rogue, an Elantra over a Sentra, a Fiesta over a Versa, an F-150 over a Titan, an Accord over a Maxima, and a Camry over an Altima all day. Each of those vehicles presents an element of engagement that is completely lost in the vehicles Nissan offers.

I'm done ranting now