View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
armensti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z/Tring/Spt/6MT
armensti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg6speed View Post
Wow just callin me out huh.. cool.. The 8's just aren't doing it for me so I'm going to change things up soon. I will look into the spare area for something that will be able to support weight above it, with and without the spare. I'm also looking at a few other options. I'm with a lot of you and want something with more design, style, and stealth but, it takes time and money to make things more custom than a drop in bulky mdf box.
With the exception of a couple installs what I've seen so far is pretty basic. It is possible to put two 10's our even two 12's behind the seats if you take out all the plastic panels and glass something in. I know firing into the back glass (like the zenclosure) will yield the best response but, in an interior this small two 12's behind the seats facing forward would bang.
I've also thought about glassing in 10's up on the sides where the rear quarter windows are. We'll see what happens next but keep in mind I work full time and this is just a hobby and I work out of my home garage.
you know what you can also try to do. its not going to be easy but you know the area under the tail lights that has the tools to change the spare tire? well once you take off the Styrofoam there is a lot of space down there so you can make two separate boxes that slide in that corner with the woofer facing towards the front of the car. that way we could keep the spare tire and it would also be hidden
armensti is offline   Reply With Quote