View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
diego@vossen
Track Member

Drives: Nismo 370Z 6MT Tech
diego@vossen is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. It's a weird change but not entirely as bad as I thought. My goal was to find a daily driver without breaking the bank and save up more for something special and still mod something to make it fun. The Z is perfect for what I was looking for.

Pros on the Z: Inexpensive, Nimble, Nicer interior IMHO vs the GT-R, cheaper mods, quieter, 6MT and not as harsh on the road for a DD and still capable of aggressive wheel fitments which I do love

Cons on the Z: Small, slower vs GT-R obviously but nothing forced induction can't fix

Pros on GT-R: Handling is amazing. I can see the difference where the GT-R felt so much more planted to the road. Powerful, Supercar status, lightning quick shifts, launch control, more comfortable with the black edition recaros, awd, VR38 sounds incredible with bolt on's, more spacious, more exclusive.

Cons on GT-R: Dated the GT-R seriously needs a revamp. Much more common these days so to me lost it's exclusivity. Like the Z it's been around since 09, harsh, dual clutch is noisy, lots of sounds that make you think it's broken but all normal lol I mean it is a race car so it's expected so never bothered me. Expensive to mod (GTR TAX IS INSANE!)

Overall the 370Z with twin turbo's, RWD and a 6MT would probably be a lot more fun vs a FBO E85 GT-R ( I got bored of the DCT at times) Z has potential and can still look stunning with the proper mods.

Reliability would be my biggest concern. I drive a lot and I did put 53K miles on my GT-R in 16 months so that's something to also consider. The GT-R was very very relaible and bulletproof. 53K racing miles! I never ever drove it "Normal" Alway's in R mode with traction off and not a day went my I didn't go WOT(Wide Open Throttle)!

Forced induction for the Z is on my mind. What i would hate to deal with is issues I could run into so will look more into this as I mod it up. TT's will be the last thing I toy with. For now gonna do some minor things.

Last edited by diego@vossen; 11-26-2016 at 10:22 AM.
diego@vossen is offline   Reply With Quote