View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
I don't know where you live, OP, but here, the law states "buyer beware". If you signed, you're essentially SOL unless you can without a doubt prove they knew about the accident and you can prove they were covering it up.
I live in Las Vegas, NV. Prior to the sale, there was a sticker on the window that indicated the car was accident free per Car Fax. The sticker was destroyed while I was in the finance office so it was not presented during delivery. Apparently this is a very dirty dealer as I had discovered along the way. I did manage to have another copy printed out for my records about one week later. The dealer tried to cover that writing about Car fax up with red ink on the replacement window sticker but it is so transparent you can see the Car Fax information very clearly still so I do have the proof of the deception. I also have a Car Fax report provided by that dealer one day after I took delivery and it is in contradiction to what was published on the window sticker. I hope I'm not SOL but at this point, the car actually is almost completely satisfactory. A very slight brake noise upon stopping only in that one wheel in question but very intermittent. Also when turning sharp under a lot of speed I hear a slight groan (could be tire roar) and that is what is leading me to believe it is the wheel bearing on the wheel that got hit in the collision. I think this is causing the brake pads to miss-align at times creating the tiny noise upon stopping. Question for you guys.. When turning sharp say going 35-40 around a turn like a freeway off-ramp, is there a point where the tires get louder due to the grabbing of the road. I do not here any tire squeal like an alignment issue is present under those conditions. If so, I may not have a problem at all. I don't recall my 350 acting like that. If this noise is normal, I'll probably feel as stupid as when I bought the car with issues I really should have noticed. And as crazy as this sounds, I love this car still and hope to put all of this behind real soon. I just went for a ride and man the car runs GREAT!
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote