View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #90 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
You know it's a bored out VQ35 right? The Vq35 was a bored out vq30 etc You know the vq has been in service 23 years and we've bored it out to double it's size and we can't bore it out any more.... right???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

Maybe you've only known this engine 7 years. Others have known this engine over 2 decades.
Yes, I know this. I was just referring to it being in the 370Z. The best, most advanced version of the VQ series.

Again, who cares? So what if it's 23 years old? That's small fries compared to the Chevy 350 and Ford 302. They've been around for more than twice that.

Besides, the block, bored out or not is NOT where the technology that matters lives. It's all in the heads and ECU. That's what makes the VQ37VHR stand out from all of the other VQ motors. It's a damn good motor, and it's proven.

I don't see the point in anyone's argument when it comes to our engine. Not one bit.