Thread: Uprev Tune
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chris@FsP
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2008 350Z TT
Chris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
The numbers I gave were out of my azz just for the sake of demonstration, but yes, the best gas mileage will be achieved when the engine is operating at it's maximum Thermal Efficiency, regardless of whether you had to go richer or leaner.
I disagree. The best gas mileage occurs when the least amount of fuel necessary for healthy combustion is injected into the cylinders That's why we shoot for mixtures of 14.7:1 for idle/cruise (if the cams permit this lean of an idle), and sometimes even leaner if we're really trying to go for maximum fuel economy under cruise conditions.

Last edited by Chris@FsP; 01-10-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Chris@FsP is offline   Reply With Quote