View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #173 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksZ34 View Post
I have this setup with the Sport Rays. Disregard others who say they are too wide. A half inch difference in width
(1/4" on each side) is not going to matter. I'm at #167 above and here are the 'after' pics at post #966 on the "wide tire thread":

370z MEATY TIRE THREAD
Differences in tire design / width can effect the ability to run this. Some tires are known to be wider. For instance a nitto invo tire in 345 has specs identical to a 335 in other brands.

Not to mention, the ability to do something doesn't make it a good idea. There is a reason for the manufacturer recommended wheel specs. Pinching a tire too much can change the cross section. Just as stretching it does.

I tend to prefer wider rubber on wheels but tend to stick to the narrowest wheel recommended for a given tire size (i.e. if they recommend 10-11" I go with a 10" wheel). Since they are stock wheels you will be going the other direction and trying to fit the max width for your wheels.

You can check out my build thread for photos of my old meaty setup. I had 325s on 11s and felt like an 11.5 would be better suited to the tire.