View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
I get what you're saying, but I feel it's really all very relative....
No way, give me a Ford Model T retrofitted with a steam engine!

I completely agree, and my wishful thinking is that Toyota will do something clever like hook the rear end to the engine with a traditional driveshaft/differential and hook up the electric motors to the front wheel transaxles. This will give you the best of both worlds: immediate torque under the heavy part of the car to eliminate the drawbacks of a traditional sports car (getting traction), but maintaining feel of a sports car in the corners at speed. Oh, then you get all the other benefits of the hybrid, but also the weight. If they do it right, I will be keeping my Z, but getting the Supra as my "practical" car.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote