View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
Ah geez! Call me old-school but electric motors and regenerative braking? No thanks. I like my sports cars simple and raw. I can accept ABS, traction control (as long as it can be turned off) and maybe a camera. That's it.

PS: The simplicity is what drew me to the Z.
I get what you're saying, but I feel it's really all very relative.

ABS, "ice mode", yaw control, VDC, electronically controlled fuel injection (and end user tunable!), navigation system (complete with its own ECU), syncro-rev matching and fly-by-wire, VVEL, etc.

If you think about it, the Z is anything but a simple car -- except in relation to cars with older tech.

Me personally? I would be fine with electric motors (if batteries didn't suck in countless ways). I like the idea of having full torque at 1 RPM, and cleaner air to boot.

I think the order of importance for me anyway is this: High performance that is fun to use, reliability so I don't get stranded, and affordable, so I can both enjoy the car and still pay the bills for everything else on time.

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-28-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote