View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
squid267
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nismo 370Z PW M6
squid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car won't turn on or off

2012 370Z Nismo 6MT with a very odd issue.

I'm in the middle of a TT install, but the car started up successfully last week. Then I spent the week trying to get the lower joint coupler on the lower steering shaft and the front suspension back together.

Today, I go to turn the car on and it cranks but doesn't start. Also, I noticed that I didn't hear this fuel pump priming or gauges turn on. Lastly, I can't turn the car off. The light stays lit on the 'ON'. I gotta pull the negative terminal to turn it off so to speak.

Here's what I've tried
  • Jumping car
  • Booster pack
  • Replacing FOB battery
  • Trying spare key
  • fob in the fobgina.

Now, I'm just trying to get car ON so I can read codes with Ecutek. No luck. Everything results in same behavior. Car doesn't turn on, shows signs of dead battery. (Fuel pump not priming, gauges not turning on) Can't turn off car. Have to pull negative terminal.

I've googled around can't find anything. I thought maybe steering lock but the ignition light isn't on LOCK.

Attached are the lights I see.

Last edited by squid267; 11-20-2016 at 04:36 PM.
squid267 is offline   Reply With Quote