Thread: Rev match scare
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Louie cat
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo 370z
Louie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond reputeLouie cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
What are you talking about? Fuel has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of times there is no fuel being injected- like when downshifting in high rpm and not hitting the throttle. The engine doesn't need to inject fuel because it is moving so fast, it just keeps moving on its own. It's more your rods breaking or your valves staying open and burning out due to the engine spinning faster than it is intended to.

The rev limiter won't save your engine on a downshift either. The synchro rev will push RPM up until redline, but only if the clutch is still pushed in all the way. As soon as you release the clutch, there is nothing the car can do to stop the engine from over revving and destroying itself.
I knew that and that is why as soon as I heard it wind up like that I never released the clutch, I put it in 4th right away and continued on. The good thing here is I have an extended mechanical warranty until 2019 and 76,000 miles, I currently have 48k on her right now. I still dont want anything to happen though.

Last edited by Louie cat; 11-20-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Louie cat is offline   Reply With Quote