View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 12:41 AM   #722 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my filter was super dirty. My parents live on a dirt road and I visit them just about every weekend. Why didn't I clean it earlier? Because I'm lazy. I should of said she sucks in air a lot easier now and not freely. I have driven 11k+ miles on that filter DDing her through rain and shine. Whatever dust, dirt, water, bug gets pilled on and baked/dried on as I drive her more. Of course it will clog up some and not get as good of a vacuum compared to new.

But 11k+ miles on that filter and my car still pulls like a train! She is just noticeable louder now that's all. As for servicing the Filter. You have to drop the turbo which includes 2 clamps and 4 nut/bolts. Get a second hand to help hold the turbo or have somehting to rest it on as you pull the dirty filter off. Mine was minorly melted onto the turbo itself. I used a thin screwdriver and broke the seal all the way around it and she wiggled right off.

Anyhoo, didn't make it to the Drag strip because it was wet out.

Happy boosting! I know I am.
YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote