View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #719 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
I finally swapped out my air filter. It's kinda of a pain in the bum since the air filter is so well tucked and protected. OMG!!! I did not think my car would sound this different! I guess 11k+ miles can really clog up the air filter. My turbo spins a lot more freely now. She is noticeably louder now. I guess I might have to visit the drag strip tomorrow just to hear her scream.

YzGyz
Hmmm, so every 10K miles, the filter is so dirty that changing it causes the car to sound different, and the turbo to spool quicker? That doesn't sound good to me. Plus, it's a PITA thing to change it/clean it. Are you sure this isn't a case of "I changed my oil, or waxed my car, and now it's faster" ? Because you didn't mention how the new filter looked in comparison to the old. And, why didn't you just clean it?

I think we need more info on this. Is the filter really that prone to getting dirty? If so, can anything be done to help alleviate this?

Mark
Senna-F1 is offline   Reply With Quote