View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #82 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
So some of the highlights of this car will be

188hp/177lb tq. CVT/6 speed manual.

No 215 hp Nismo RS will be available. They are saying the car is perfectly balanced for cornering. It's not a drag car.

They're stating Michelin pilot sport 2 a/s. Good choice for the power level. Bolstered buckets and a high performance suspension.

Pricing under $25K. I doubt u can get this past $28K. Not terribly priced. Won't be faster than a GTi but I would love to get a handling comparison.

Again not expecting the Nismo to beat it. The GTi tops out at $36K before getting into R models. Thus Cari's 70hp short as well. But Nismo suspensions are excellent. And I'm sure there's something to compare.

It will be interesting.
Sorry man - we completely disagree on this one.

This car is nearly 10 years late to the party.

For $25k I can have a Focus ST or a Subaru WRX with 250+ hp. The late Mazdaspeed3 had 100lb-ft more torque for the same price and same curb weight. The GTI has more power and torque within 5% of the price of this thing.

I have another reply that's more colorful on the NISMO Sentra thread.