View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
MarksZ34
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z M6 Sport
MarksZ34 is on a distinguished road

Just an update since I installed these parts today on my 09 sport; they were like new off of ebay from a 2013 Nismo with ~6k miles:

#1 - I think the pedal covers are easier to install from the bottom up since the lower rubber flanges are wider and longer. They are also tapered so it is easier to slide the covers on while pushing up on them over the metal pedal bases and then use a small regular screw driver to pry the upper rubber flange outward and over the top of the metal base; the pedal cover's top rubber flange is narrower than the lower ones which I thought made it easier this way using the mirror and flashlight as per the original post.

#2 - No new tie wrap needed! There is no need to cut the existing tie wrap since it is attached to a tie wrap mount that inserts through the hole in the top of the existing accelerator assembly. Just squeeze together the two plastic prongs holding the tie wrap mount to the old assembly and push it out of the hole. Then you can easily reinsert it into the hole in the new assembly.

All of the other steps originally posted by Kenchan are dead on and kudos to him for tackling this the first time!

As others have said, IMO these parts should have been part of the Sport package rather than the Touring since they are shared with the Nismo. I don't understand why Nissan made them part of the Touring package rather than the Sport???

Last edited by MarksZ34; 11-15-2016 at 06:33 PM.
MarksZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote