Thread: 370Z For Sale 2014 Base w/Sport - AAM TT
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
boomersoone
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
boomersoone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjapan View Post
hes not from arizona

you better check your own laws

The base sales tax rate is 5.6%, but depending upon which part of the state you find yourself in, you could end up paying a few percent more. You will also have a vehicle license tax levied against you at the time of registration that is calculated based on a formula using the car or truck's total value.
I know he isn't in Arizona, he is in CO, so is the dealership. And yes I know about the taxes here. I pay a little bit over 8.5% in my city. But you only pay that if you buy it from a dealership (in state or out of state). You don't pay taxes on a private seller regardless where the seller is at. Yes the tag (vehicle lic tax), we call that tag in AZ, basically you pay that everytime you renew your tag or when you get your tag, for that car is probably around $400-$500. I have a 14 highlander, and the formula is calculated from the base model price (every year it will go down), so I know what I am expecting. And if I do buy it from the dealership, when I register it in AZ I would have to pay the difference that makes up the 8.5% tax rate. Anyways the dealership has it and have yet to call back. I'm sure something else will come up.

Last edited by boomersoone; 11-10-2016 at 01:54 PM.
boomersoone is offline   Reply With Quote