View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axio View Post
Just had mine done by safelite, requested Pilkington. After closing the hood right after the tech drove away, noticed the A-pillar doesn't line up right on one side, and that same side's A-pillar cover is pretty loose near the bottom even though the clip at the bottom of the cover is attached... Do you guys know if the A-pillar cover's weatherstripping is supposed to sit over the plastic weatherguard at the bottom of the windshield near the hood, or if it supposed to sit under it? Currently they have the A-pillar's sitting above it.

When you guys press on your A-pillar or try to wobble it around, is it pretty solid near the bottom of the A-pillar? Never really paid attention but it does move around now.
It's definitely supposed to go over the top of the plastic shroud at the bottom of the windshield. And I checked both of my Z's A-pillars for movement - neither has ever been removed. They definitely wobble back and forth more than I ever noticed or would have guessed. Maybe 1/2" play overall. So it sounds like you're probably ok.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote