View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
FWIW: None of the MTs I've worked on (Ford Top-loader, etc) had synchros for reverse - but it's been a few decades since I worked on an MT.
I was actually wondering this myself. It appears there is one in the Z though - at least I think there is based on the limited info available online. But no one uses reverse enough to ever wear it out anyway, so that's unlikely.

There's a plate to prevent accidentally engaging R while driving, which if improperly installed can hinder or even prevent the shifter from entering the gate. However, R and 1 are on opposite sides in the Z, so that's not it (and it's usually 6th that people have problems with).

Sounds like the shop is at fault if the clutch isn't disengaging fully. That would certainly be the first place to look since it was the last work done that might be related. Best case is the Z1 kit can be adjusted. If not, they're likely going to have to drop the transmission again to check the gaps. I always hate hearing about a shop that messed up an easy install having to do it over - what if they screw up something else

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote