View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceet View Post
nice yo! you live super close by me lol. I know that area.
Is that a custom nose on the 40th? Your car looks really CLEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN. What color is that? Any MODS? And......
Very cool.... Another member so close by. Got any performance tips to share?

I'm currently having my LF spindle replaced at my %#@$# cost. I have recently found out my Z was in a collision and I was lied to by the Dealer during the purchase. The displayed Used Window sticker said "Clean Car Fax". Well it is not. Car Fax report does only indicate a minor collision causing NO warranty impact but even that is not true according to Nissan (not the one I bought it at). My Z actually runs great but has a very occasional clicking sound coming from the left front end or wheel. Inspection from a master tech discovered missing cotter pins and loose hardware on the left wheel assy. but even after correction, the clicking sound happens while turning left to right on the rack with & without load. Worse with a load. Tech has removed pads & caliper to no avail. There is scuffing on spindle assy. & it looks like a wheel was dragging on it. They believe it has a tiny micro crack from the obvious impact but can not guarantee the replacement part will take care of the issue. They spent a lot of time diagnosing using hearing aided equipment & stated the noise is loudest near the top of the spindle assy. Bottom line is it is a damaged part not a failed part so it would not be covered. even though I bought the car with full factory warranty, not "As Is" so this kind of sucks. I am going to bite the bullet Monday and pay them $800 for the repairs & pray it fixes the issue. In all reality, the car tracks great and has no binding in the steering gear so it feels perfect while driving with steering wheel centered just fine.

Any suggestions of how to recover my cash would be appreciated. Got any connections here in Vegas? or Do you know where I might post this for assistance tips? Thanks in advance...... Mike

PS: Inspection underneath shows no bent or crushed up metal. All areas look very clean with no leaks anywhere so repairing dealership says the car should be just fine when fixed. That sounded good at the time. I probably got very lucky & things could have been much worse. Who would suspect buying a car with only 6K miles would have issues like this. I guess the price I got them down to was just a bit too good to be true after all. Still LOVE the car!!! & it will be fixed/owned for a long time

Just wanted to say the damaged Spindle got replaced today. Wow... The weird clicking sound is Gone!!! My Z is healed & man am I a happy camper now. I was assured no more non-warranty issues should crop up since no further damage can be detected anywhere. Nissan has valid warranty information in their Data Base & the Car-Fax information on file only reports a minor collision impact to the front of the car area without any warranty impact.
I did see the carved metal missing on the spindle where the rim was obviously dragging so that part truly could NOT have been sent in to the Factory for part replacement under warranty. Boy this cost me $885 & I'm going to call Nissan Customer assistance & request good will reimbursement since one of their Dealers sold it to me that way & it was actually a safety issue. I really hope they help me out but either way, My car is Good now!!! My first mod will be adding Paddle Shifters. Can't wait for that!!!

Last edited by BlackCherry Z; 11-07-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Work completed Car is GREAT
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote