View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
Before y'all get your pitchforks out and want to burn me at the stake... I've searched, I've asked around and I'm still hitting dead ends.

I'm looking for some specific photos of a 2015+ Nismo lowered on Swift Springs, with whatever spacer combo you've got.

Initially I was leaning towards 15mm spacers front and back, lowered on Swifts, but I was recently told to go for 20mm spacers front and back. I don't know what to believe.

Here is my criteria:
-I want to keep the car looking oem+

-I want to keep those plastic fender extenders on

-I like to drive hard and do not want any rubbing issues whatsoever.

-I dont want to add camber correction parts if I don't need to.

- I don't want the wheels poking out.

Normally I'd buy the springs first, then do some measuring and then by the spacers, however, with the Canadian dollar being as bad as it is, I'd like to order both Springs and spacers at the same time to save a few bucks. Any help you guys can offer (with photos!!) Would be greatly appreciated!
I think anything lower than an inch and you need camber correction. I think the swifts are 1.25? Also if I remember correctly there are people alignment specs in here after just swifts and the fronts were too negative for a dd tire wear. Other thing is yea they say the swifts are designed with oem shock in mind (as all lowering springs claim) but then dig in to it a little and see how many are replacing their shocks not too far after.

All these things plus the fact that lowered progressive rate springs never handle as good as coilovers and sometimes not even as good as oem has made me go coilovers this time. Can set to oem for street and then lower and gain my neg camber at same time for track. I would say save up and do it right the first time, if you look there are some decent coilovers that will actually costs you less than swifts and koni setup (which is what you would probably be looking at after your oems blew).
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote