Thread: RIP 2010 370z
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #57 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Strata View Post
So I got my car back last weekend, they had it for two weeks, and now I'm going through the break in process all over again. Not exceeding 4k RPM, no cruise control, easing through each of the gears (for the first 1500 miles).

First thing I did when I got home was to check the oil level.
They didn't put enough oil in as it barely comes up to the halfway point. I don't care that much though because I'll be changing the oil after 1k miles, but it kind of pissed me off when I first saw that. I've driven it 400 miles since then and the oil is still at the halfway mark, so it doesn't appear to be burning anything off at the moment (granted I am babying the crap out of it right now).
Contrary to popular belief, the oil being halfway between the high and low marks is ok. For an enthusiast, maybe it is not. But in reality, you're fine.

You're half way between the MINIMUM and MAXIMUM fill lines. Why are you concerned, lol? No where in any owners manual I've ever come across did it ever stipulate "thy oil levels must be at thy maximum"
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote