View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
pg6speed
Base Member

Drives: 10 Armada
pg6speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
I don't really know why i'm posting this, but i'm sure quite a few people here will agree with me. As a non touring owner, I would gladly pay for a stealth box that replaces the spare and when covered with the existing mat looks completely stealth. I don't have the skill to do this, but some people here like pg6speed who are extremely talented probably can. Is there any way we can gauge what kind of an interest there are on this? PG6, is this something you potentially may think about helping us out with? The only reason i'm holding off from a system is this very reason - unless it is completely hidden and does not jeopardize any compartment space, i don't think i can do it for my personal reasons. Also a thing to consider is that when the spare is taken out, the support for the compartment area is completely gone and becomes very flimsy, not able to load the cargo area with anything even remotely heavy. If we can address these issues and find a way to remedy them, i think we'll all be happy campers. Any suggestions or ideas?
Wow just callin me out huh.. cool.. The 8's just aren't doing it for me so I'm going to change things up soon. I will look into the spare area for something that will be able to support weight above it, with and without the spare. I'm also looking at a few other options. I'm with a lot of you and want something with more design, style, and stealth but, it takes time and money to make things more custom than a drop in bulky mdf box.
With the exception of a couple installs what I've seen so far is pretty basic. It is possible to put two 10's our even two 12's behind the seats if you take out all the plastic panels and glass something in. I know firing into the back glass (like the zenclosure) will yield the best response but, in an interior this small two 12's behind the seats facing forward would bang.
I've also thought about glassing in 10's up on the sides where the rear quarter windows are. We'll see what happens next but keep in mind I work full time and this is just a hobby and I work out of my home garage.