View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #1171 (permalink)
milkcow500
Base Member

Drives: 11 G37xs
milkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo, I have a surprised for you guys. I refused to acknowledge the fact that I had to send out my blower to have an impeller upgrade. I decided to hell with it and upgrade to the largest known trim for the V3. It's specially made for C07 corvettes and a couple of the Vortech reps didn't even know it existed for some odd reason.

May I introduce you to the Ti-Trim. same internal gear ratio, larger 3.75” inlet, larger and differently contoured impeller. It's got a much higher CFM rating and in the corvette world, you are expected to build your engine when upgrading from the Si-trim to this. Will I blow up my engine? I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

Seriously though, it's supposed to double the boost, so this is uncharted territory as of now. I have a feeling that it won't be too crazy, but I've seen a 350z run this and he was @19psi (was forced to build his block after about a year of tracking it). I have a couple solutions if it gets that point, but I'll revisit those if it comes down to it.

Vortech V3 Ti-Trim - Album on Imgur
milkcow500 is offline   Reply With Quote