Thread: Food thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
cigarclifford
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Corvette Z06
cigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Well, we had some ribs. The texture was spot on. The taste, not as much. It was still darn good but a little too salty and not sweet enough. Me thinks next time I do ribs I'll make my own dry rub. I usually just wing the rub with what I have but I think I will start logging the actual mix and amounts. I might create a secret recipe.
( I forgot to take a pic of the whole rib all together. Hey, can you blame me for cutting them up and eating them asap?)

I was busy messing around with the local kids giving candy and glow sticks and forgot about my Pastrami. It smoked for about 7.5 hrs @230f before IT hit 179f. I tented the two slabs with a good heavy splash of water before I put them back in the smoker. It took another 2.5 hrs before IT hit 207. I turned off the MES and put the 2 slabs in a small ice cooler to hang out. I'll put them in the fridge before I slice them up and stick em in a sammich.

YzGyz

Outstanding BBQ Sir

Those rib's look beyond great

-Clifford