View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 06:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debueller View Post
I'm gonna hijack my own thread here:

I realize 18's would be a downgrade but how much more affordable are 18's vs 19's tires? My wife is going to use our Z as a commuter for now and I'm concerned about the cost of tires.

I am amazed how well our Z sticks to the road. I'm used to Wranglers, pickups, and cheap commuters. This sports car thing is new to me. A little less tire would probably be OK with us if there was a substantial cost benefit.
My wife and yours are alike in terms of their daily drivers

For ours, I install a set of 18" wheels from a 350Z and winter tires for cold-temperature driving. Snow and ice are present during winter here, but at limited amount on average, so the car is equipped with the cheapest winter tires available (no expensive or fast-wearing dual-compound winter tires needed). This scenario reduces the wear on the expensive summer tires and, in turn, lessens the tire cost. I don't know about winter precipitation pattern is like in your area, but this might work in your situation.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote