View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Bosshog104
Base Member

Drives: 2013370z
Bosshog104 is on a distinguished road

So, finally got the ecutek in. Once I dowloaded the software and uploaded the base tune, per SZ instructions, all I can say is I'm pretty impressed! Don't even have a tune yet, but throttle response, and overall attitude of the engine/ transmission is already a great improvement.

Throttle is pretty touchy (wife had difficulty moving the car), only touch the pedal to drive (otherwise jerky start), but passing gears(7AT) still slower than I want.

Ended up taking longer than expected to post because I decided to go ahead and get a garageline cbe, installed over the weekend.

Been sending seb idle, cruising, and finally 3rd gear WOT, but haven't heard back yet. He's been very responsive and answering questions as others commented. Just waiting for him to get back with my first tune.

Was there a big difference between baseline and first tune? Or was it just smoother, more responsive?

Anyway, I like to log somehow to see what my performance upgrades do for me. So I'm testing on the same length of road with my accelerometer. (I know it's not that accurate, but wanted to easily measure differences somehow)

So, best of three runs each,

Stock 0-60: 5.38sec ;1/4mile:13.78@101.2mph

Add intake tube,k&n,berk hfc-0-60: 5.20sec ;1/4mile:13.57@103.7mph

Add garageline cbe w/ecutek baseline tune-0-60: 4.95sec ;1/4mile:13.35@105.8mph

Keep in mind, this is a roadster 7AT, and I am only using the accelerometer as a relative (cheap/easy)gauge for my own amusement, info to share with others, etc. I know these are not as accurate as drag times.

Well see what the actual tune does with this. I thought it would be cool to get it under 13 sec 1/4mile (accelerometer), but think I'll give up on that goal. Thought the cbe was gonna help more than it did. I'll get back after I get my tune tested.
Bosshog104 is offline   Reply With Quote