View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
shirokenkami
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Z Tour Spt 6mt
shirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond reputeshirokenkami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debueller View Post
I'm gonna hijack my own thread here:

I realize 18's would be a downgrade but how much more affordable are 18's vs 19's tires? My wife is going to use our Z as a commuter for now and I'm concerned about the cost of tires.

I am amazed how well our Z sticks to the road. I'm used to Wranglers, pickups, and cheap commuters. This sports car thing is new to me. A little less tire would probably be OK with us if there was a substantial cost benefit.
In terms of aesthetics, sure it's a downgrade but in terms of performance an 18" wheel is right where you wanna be. It allows you to keep the weight to a minimum(more weight=more rotational inertia required) while allowing for larger brake packages.