View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
TipsZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CS M6
TipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond reputeTipsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the insight Zsteve. I would be interested in knowing the differences between Berks / Stillen / Fast Intensions HFC's. I would like something that will not throw any CELs, yet definitely give some good gains in HP / TQ as well. Mind you, at this point we are talking about just replacing the cats on a stock exhaust at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Basically the more cells the more air restrictions and the more it cleans things up. But from what I have heard you have to be careful when talking cell count as some say they are a certain cell but really end up having more. Also there are metal and ceramic cats with I believe the metal being the better option. The brand of cat that the companies are using should be named too as some companies make very good cats, ie HJS, while others are just so so. Ceramic are cheaper in price than metal and are probably cheaper in other aspects too as they might burn up quicker. From what I can remember HFCs will probably burn up over time which is why you want the best fabricated one with the best material in it. 300 cells and above you shouldnt get any CELs but 200 cells might give you some on and off, even if you use O2 extensions. I seems to just depend on your car.

So I am very curious as to which brand cats the companies are using for their HFCs in here? And are the metal or ceramic
Dynojet 285 HP/245 TQ (pre CBE)// Agency Power CBE // GTM Test Pipes // JWT Pop Chargers // B&M Short Shifter // Eibach Springs // Powder-coated Akebono's // Powder-coated Strut Bar // Black Chromed 19" Rays // // Redline Designs Graphics
TipsZ journal
TipsZ is offline   Reply With Quote