View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
sorry, i thought you were getting coils for your Z, not a volvo.

I'm running aragostas with pillow ball upper mounts, plus SPL adjustable arms and tie rod ends with spherical joints everywhere. It's perfectly streetable, car feels a shitload more responsive

same thing on my s14. Custom koni/ground control/vorschlag/eibach coilovers with SPL everything. Felt like a damn gokart. Wasn't until i went to solid subframe mounts that it got real noisy.

unless you have a long commute in the Z and low tolerance for . . . any nvh, i dont know why you wouldn't go all the way. I see you asking about track stuff then i hear you're concerned about "nvh", and i'm wondering what the hell you're doing with the car
I wouldn't go all the way because it's a 99% street driven car and 1% track and I don't feel like putting up with nvh 99% of the time for that 1% when it will actually be useful. Also I'm not in my 20's, it's my daily driver and the roads in the Bay Area suck. It's also not impressive if your trying to go out on a date and have to shout at each other to hear over the squeaks, creeks and groans and your car sounds like a beat up jolopy.

Is that fair enough for you?

I'm seeking something that can retain street manners but be turned up for the 1% times, granted it won't be turned up to 11 but if it can reach 5 or 6 coming from oem at 2 or 3 I'm ok with that.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote