Thread: Poor mans GT4?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:55 AM   #49 (permalink)
Silverstone
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo #0507
Silverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about just affording to buy the car, yet you haven't truly considered insurance costs? I know before I was 25, insurance for a NISMO 370Z was too high to the point of swaying me from considering the car.

I bought my Z last year when I was 26. Figured "what the hell," and started pinging USAA with insurance quotes. For the hell of it, I queried a NISMO 370Z and was quite surprised with how much the rates dropped. My wife as surprised as well, as she pretty much told me to buy one. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with ownership costs of a newer Porsche until my household income is at least 80-100k/yr.

Live within your means. Set goals, and work towards them.
Silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote